Saturday, December 7, 2013

I love livers!

This is me!
Courtesy : Chuck Haines Photography
Sunny's diary : Chicken livers, beef livers, and the most special of all -- turkey livers. I love livers! I feel so special this time of the year when mom saves the turkey livers for me, just for me.

We always get an extra meal during the holidays. On Thanksgiving day, we had turkey and dressing for lunch, and turkey and mash potatoes for dinner. I was so excited to see my turkey livers. My crazy siblings surrounded me and wait, I ate the livers first. I might be old but I still have a clear mind!

Mom sometimes grill beef livers for us, my siblings eat their piece in two bites, but I like to savor mine. I like to eat it upstairs so I do not have to worry about my siblings, plus I like to enjoy my food in peace.

Me holding my beef liver!
My baby brother Spencer loves fish, so mom has been making salmon once a week. I am a dog, not a cat, and I am carnivorous. Why would I eat fish? On those nights, mom will make me grill livers. They are the best! I like burgers and steak too, chicken is ok. But nothing beats grilled chicken livers.

When mom travels for work, she always worry about me not eating. She always make chicken livers ahead of time and Uncle Chris will give them to me at dinner. Since I know mom is not there to watch my dinner, I eat as fast as I can.

Sophie is my crazy sister. One time mom took a tub of livers out to defrost for dinner, she got up the counter and ate the whole tub raw. Yes, I am a dog, but I have standards. I do not eat anything raw. Do I hunt? I love the aroma of grilled livers. I know mom loves me a lot! I also stay out of trouble. When my siblings steal food or make a mess, I would go hide in my crate, so mom knows it is not me!

I am waiting for my next turkey livers, Santa Claus is bringing them to me.