Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Preferred Excellent Agility (PAX) title: My journey

Me on artificial turf
Spencer’s diary: This had been a long journey, and not an easy one for me. I fell off the dog walk in class when I was 10 months old and I had been scared for a long time. I did not even get on a teeter until I was over 2 years old. I started competing in jumpers first because mom wants me to get the ring experience and not wait for me to master the teeter. I got my novice title 3 shows in a row when I was 3 years old, and got the VCD1 title. I was in open class when I got on the table, the table tilted and I fell off. I was then scared of the table for a long time, then I was scared of the teeter, a-frame, and dog walk for almost a whole year. It took a lot of courage and I finally got my open title when I turned 4 years old.

Mom said I did not have enough confidence, that I can really do it, I just need to focus, and not look at the judge or other people. I finally got my excellent standard title summer of last year. I got my first double Q (qualifying score) in December of last year. Dad gave me some incentives, if I get 2 double Q in one weekend, I will get rib eye steak for dinner. I tried hard and mom tried to build up my self confidence.

I finally got my 20th double Q at the end of the summer. It was hot and I tried my best. I ran clean on 5 runs but only Qed 3 because I did not make time on the other 2. Mom said she is proud of me. It sure is a milestone for me.

Mom said I still have to continue to work hard, since I still need a lot of points to qualify for the PACH (Preferred agility champion), but for now, I got to enjoy my steaks. I will continue to work hard for trips to the Golden Arches.

My PAX trophy bar