Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My first year in agility

Selene’s diary: I love agility. I started in agility competition in March of 2019 in novice class. I made it to Master class in mid-July of the same year. I love going to classes, and I love staying at hotels, and love going to trials, which means lots of McDonald’s.

Me coming out of the tunnel
I started off this year with 7 double Qs and 440 points, 16 Qs in Master jumpers and 15 Qs in Master standard. We went to Belton in January twice and it was cold, so I ran fast and got some good points. By the end of January I had 9 double Qs and 559 points.

Me going over a triple jump
We stayed at home during February and March and went to quite a few trials. The first weekend in March marked my 1st year competition in agility. I got my jumpers bronze and master bronze titles (25 Qs each), and ended up with 14 double Qs and 754 points. Which means, I already have the points for a Preferred Agility Champion, but still need 6 more double Qs.

A week or so later, COVID pandemic hit. We stopped going to class, we did not go tracking and the state went into lockdown. Mom stayed home and work and we went walking each day after dinner. Mom was doing some small exercises with me while Spencer was only interested in lunch. Yes, the good thing about mom working from home is lunch. Spencer and I would stay around her desk in the living room since we do not want to miss any food opportunities. All our trials have been cancelled. And I really miss our drive thru burgers and chicken nuggets. Mom said she really cannot wait for my  6 double Qs.