Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Utility Dog (UD) title and Versatile Companion Dog 3 (VCD3)

 

Me performing the scent discrimination exercise: I have to find the one with Mom’s scent on it.

Selene’s diary: I started 2023 off with obedience trials at the Utility Dog level. I am still working at it, and mom wanted to see where we are at. Mom kept telling me I am almost 6 years old and I need to catch up. I worked hard. I tried to focus all the time. I got my first Q in Oklahoma in March. Mom was so happy. 

We were in Louisiana and mom made a mistake that ended with an error on her part, so I did not get any Qs. The next trial was at Donna’s place where I train. Mom said I needed to pay attention and I Qed both days, so I got my Utility Dog title and my Versatile Companion Dog title.

My UD/VCD3 titles picture, June 2023

I also finished all 75 Qs each for FAST and Time to beat runs that are required for the Agility Grand Champion title that spring. I was still running 4 runs per trial day. It had been a busy first half of the year.