Saturday, September 28, 2024

German Shepherd Dog Nationals 2022 and Versatile Companion Dog 2 (VCD2)

 

Spencer in Mississippi on our way to Nationals

Selene’s diary: German Shepherd Nationals was in Florida in 2022. We crossed multiple states to get to Florida. I had good fun, so much food. Spencer was worried sometimes, but I told him hey be adventurous. 

For me, I was entered in agility and obedience, and mom said that our goal is to get my Companion Dog Excellent (CDX) title (intermediate level obedience). I was entered in 3 days of obedience and I qualified the 2nd and 3rd day and got my last 2 Qs towards the CDX title and also qualified for the Versatile Companion Dog Title 2 (VCD2). I was also the high scoring dog with a tracking title and the high scoring dog with an agility title, so lots of ribbons and I got lots of treats.


Me with all my obedience ribbons

I also did well in agility and I was on the top 20 agility dogs list that year. Unfortunately I was 50 points short of a 3rd Preferred Agility Champion. We stayed in Florida for 2 days with mom’s friend and then we headed towards home. We went to Georgia and mom visited one of her friends. It was a long trip and I was glad to be home after 12 days.

Me with all my agility ribbons.

Me at the Georgia state line on the way home