Sunday, December 29, 2019

The Preferred Agility Champion (PACH) title: My journey

Spencer’s diary: I got my 20 double Qs back in September, and I had been working hard to earn points to qualify for my PACH. Mom always cheered me on in the ring, but I seemed to have a hard time weaving fast when people are looking at me. Sometimes I run a good run but I did not make time. I have had some bad shows where I came home with only single digit points.

Me going over a triple on turf
I got my Champion Tracker title in March, and I was still short of 50 points for my PACH. Mom said I was doing good and gave me a lot of incentive. First since I became Champion, I do not have to sit for a treat anymore. But mom keep reminding me that I still need to get those points. A couple of agility weekends went by and I was still short until THE weekend came. I was very tired already having competitions every weekend and I was not running very fast. Mom tried her best to cheer me on, I needed 5 more points and I got 6 points on a Sunday afternoon running a standard run.

My PACH picture with the judges
Look how smart I look with the neck rosette
Dad got us steaks to celebrate, and Mom was very proud of me. She said I did well and I deserve a well-earned time off for a while. Mom said that I still need to focus for a couple more months to try to make top 20 German Shepherds so we can go to the nationals.



My victory run after I got my PACH, with a nod to me always afraid of the teeter!